MUB challenge: Mexican telenovela look

There's a challenge at makeup alley makeup board about doing a look based on Mexican telenovelas from the 90's, which means a lot of makeup on. The inspiration pics provided were mostly from Thalia's telenovelas, Maria Mercedes mostly. Since those were on tv when I was a child, I keep memories of other celebrities who were out those days and decided to get inspiration from Bibi Gaytan: Thalia's rival in people's preferences at that moment.  She was in the teen band Timbiriche as Thalia, and was featured in Alcanzar una Estrella 2 (the first Telenovela Ricky Martin was in) and Dos Mujeres, un Camino (with Eric Estada, who was in a cop series in the US in the 80's). Here are my inspiration pics:



As you can see, smokey eyes, mostly brownish blush and as typical in Mexican telenovelas (still nowadays) strong contouring.

What did I do? First of all, I had to make my self look tan, so I used Chanel cream bronzer all over my face -you can see that it won't look orangey if well blended. I first contoured with RCMA Shinto IV foundation and then with Bobbi Brown dark bisque corrector. I highlighted with Nars South Beach multiple. I set with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil and contoured, again, with Mac Blunt blush. For blush I used Too Faced Mocha Mi Amore blush and Powdered Sun as highlighter.



For eyes I used Bobbi Brown rose gold all over the lid and Inglot 450 too, Nars Eddie on brow bone and Blondie near the lash line. I also used an old Laura Mercier palette, Pink Rain, the lightest and darkest shades, on brow bone and near lash line. I used Guerlian Terracota kohl on waterline and many coats of Maxilash mascara.



I also placed some RCMA Shinto II foundation on my brows to hide them and then lined my brows to make them look thinner. I think this was the most difficult part of all the look, fortunately brows are thicker and fuller nowadays, so I can keep mine more natural :)





For lips, I tried three different shades: I first lined with Benefit Betty liner and Laura Mercier  After Hours lipgloss, yes, dark liner and light lipgloss lol. Then, I went for brown: Burberry Mocha Glow, but thought I could make it darker and applied Nars Rouge Tribal lipgloss.




For comparison purposes, that was me the same day in the morning



Somehow, I don't feel I look that different... maybe it's because people all over me are lost in the 80's and 90's so they still use those looks and I just feel part of the crowd? lol  Comments are always welcome... Do you have any other ideas for a 90's telenovela look?

2 opinaron que...:

  1. You look great but your lashes look especially lovely!

    missed you! x

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Pero que guapa estás! Y que joven ricky martin! jaja besos

    ResponderEliminar

Muchas gracias por tus comentarios!!!! En breve responderé todos!!!

 

Followers

Twitter

... About the blogger




He sido una “beauty junkie” incluso desde antes que estuviera de moda esto de tener blog. Siempre me ha gustado el maquillaje high end (el que venden en las tiendas departamentales), y más desde que mi mamá me regaló mi primer quinteto y gloss de Dior. Varias amigas y conocidas me han pedido recomendaciones de productos, y algunas veces hasta las he maquillado. Por ello, un día decidí que debía compartir un poquito más esta afición escribiendo un blog.

I’ve been a beauty junkie before beauty blogs became that popular. I’ve always loved HE makeup, since my mom gave me as a gift my first dior quint and gloss. Many friends and acquaintances asked me for makeup recommendations and sometimes even to do their makeup. So just one day, I decided to share my thoughts and experience by writing a blog.



Facebook

About Me